Last Updated: November 30, 2011
We may update this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the "Last Updated" date above.
When you use our Services, we may collect and record information about you. We may collect information about you when you use our Service through a third party platform.
Education Application (Rover)
iSWiFTER Learn has an iPad application (Rover) for use by educators and students to use online educational content from publishers. iSWiFTER Learn limits the amount and type of information collected from users of this application and does not collect personal information. iSWiFTER Learn collects only general usage information through Rover such as the number of application installs, the number of users that come back after a period of time (using the current timestamp), the number of server sessions a day, the duration of the sessions, and the URLs browsed through the browser field in the application. The publishers may collect information from users of their content. See Third Party Sites and Applications below.
When you visit our Services, your s or s operating system, access times, browser type and language and website you visited before coming to our Site, may be logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity, such as number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, links you click, and the date and time of this activity. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Services and to analyze certain data, such as the average time a user spends using the Service in a day and the average number of visits to the Service per day, month, etc.
Use of Information
We use information collected through our Services for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you in connection with our Services. For example, we may use your information to:
- operate and improve our Services;
- understand your preferences to enable us to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Services;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver products and services you request;
- to send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; or
- link or combine it with other information we get from third parties, to help understand your preferences and provide you with better services.
Disclosure of Your Information
iSWiFTER Learn may share, aggregate or De-identify information about you with advertisers, publishers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties.
To the extent iSWiFTER Learn collects any personal information e.g., to respond to a specific request , it will not share your personal information except as described below and as permitted by law:
- With your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies.
- Agents and Service Providers: iSWiFTER Learn may use companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf. These agents and service providers may have access to your personal information in connection with the performance of services for iSWiFTER Learn.
- Protection of iSWiFTER Learn and Others: We may release personal information when we believe that release is appropriate to comply with the law or respond to lawful requests or legal process; in an emergency to protect the personal safety of any individual; to enforce or apply our rights; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of iSWiFTER Learn our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
- Corporate Transfers and Financings: iSWiFTER Learn may share your personal information in connection with any merger, sale of iSWiFTER Learn assets, or a financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Third Party Sites and Applications
Our Service may contain links to third party websites or provide access to third party applications. The Service may also be accessed through third party sources including social networking platforms. iSWiFTER Learn is in no way responsible for the privacy policies or practices of these third parties. Please be sure to read the privacy policies and terms of those third parties to learn about their use of information about you.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
You may request to review, update, correct or delete any personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If iSWiFTER Learn sends you promotional emails, you may opt out of receiving them by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
We have put in place reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to help secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to overcome those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. Also please note that email and messaging systems are not considered secure, so we discourage you from sending us personal information through these mediums.
We may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information, across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that may not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to the transfer of information to the U.S. and the use and disclosure of information about you, including personal information, as described in this Policy.
iSWiFTER Learn does not collect personal information from users of Rover or from its Sites. Feedback about Rover may be provided to iSWiFTER Learn through email@example.com. Email addresses obtained through firstname.lastname@example.org are not used for any purpose other than to respond to the sender. If we determine a child under 13 has sent the feedback, we will delete their email address once we have responded to their inquiry.